Over 200 food service workers at York University, represented by UNITE HERE Local 75, will lead a one-day strike on Thursday, February 2.
As a member group of the York Cross-Campus Alliance, we encourage you to support them. Here's how you can help:
- Join the picket line with food service workers on Thursday, February 2 at 8:00 a.m. at Central Square. The Cross-Campus Alliance will be providing free coffee throughout the day. The picket will continue until 6:00 p.m., so please try to visit when you have time.
- Try not to use any Aramark food service locations on campus during the strike. If you have booked any Aramark catering for February 2, please try to cancel it as soon as possible. A full list of non-Aramark food service locations (including caterers) is available here.
- Click on York15.ca to let President Shoukri know you support food service workers. The funding that York provides Aramark to manage food services on our campus is not enough, and keeps hundreds of workers in poverty jobs. York could solve this problem immediately by providing adequate funding for food services, and help food service workers get a fair deal.
The Cross-Campus Alliance includes:
- Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 1356 (CUPE 1356)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 3903 (CUPE 3903)
- York Federation of Students (YFS)
- York University Faculty Association (YUFA)
- York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA)
- York University Staff Association (YUSA)
Together, they represent tens of thousands of students, staff and faculty at York University.
For more information, please email [email protected].