YUFA's collective bargaining process, including the appointment of the Bargaining Team, is governed by Bylaw 2 of the YUFA Bylaws.
In particular, Bylaw 2.1 states: "Up to eight months prior to the expiry of the collective agreement, the Executive Committee shall appoint five or six members of the bargaining unit to the collective bargaining team. Appointments must be made by a vote of two-thirds of Executive members present and voting. No more than two members of the collective bargaining team shall be members of Executive Committee."
2024 Bargaining Team
- John Amanatides: Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Lassonde
- Mary-Helen Armour: Science, Technology and Society, Science
- Marlon Valencia: English, Glendon College
- Kathy Bischoping: Sociology, LAPS
- Hannah Johnston: Human Resource Management, LA&PS
- Richard Wellen: Social Science, LA&PS
- Minoo Derayeh: Equity Studies, LA&PS (Equity Officer, Ex Officio)
- Arthur Hilliker: Biology, Science (President, Ex Officio)