YUFA members and their dependents have emergency medical insurance when traveling outside Canada

YUFA members and their dependents have insurance if faced with a medical emergency when travelling outside of the province where they live, and outside of Canada. This insurance is for acute illness or accidental injury that requires immediate, medically necessary treatment prescribed by a doctor.

Dependents are your spouse, and children (if they are not married or in any other formal union recognized by law, and are under age 21) and are residents Canada or the United States.

Members are encouraged to log in to SunLife and then go to “Coverage Card”. This will show the travel card with the phone numbers required to access assistance when abroad.

While logged in to SunLife please also check under “Coverage” as this will list the members of your family (spouse and children) who are insured. If you need to make changes, such as adding a child, please contact York University Human Resources at 416-736-5853 or ext. 55853, or [email protected].

Please see more details of the emergency travel insurance on pages 28-33 of the Sun Life Benefits Booklet. The booklet contains the full list of benefits (extended health, dental, long-term disability, insurance, etc.) for active full-time faculty.

If members require support, please contact YUFA.