Over 12,000 Ontario college faculty, including our colleagues at Seneca @ York, are currently on strike. Their demands include:
- A 50:50 ratio of full-time to contract faculty, which currently sits at over 70% contract faculty
- Increased job security for partial-load faculty, who currently work on one-semester contracts
- Academic freedom to give faculty a stronger voice in academic decision-making
YUFA, along with the York Cross-Campus Alliance, issued this statement on Sunday to support their demands.
Please join us on Thursday for a solidarity rally on campus:
‘We support Ontario college faculty!’
While the main rally begins at 12:30 p.m., YUFA members are welcome to visit Seneca picket lines on Ian Macdonald Boulevard between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The main rally will include speakers from:
- OPSEU, the union representing Ontario college Faculty
- Ontario Federation of Labour
- Canadian Association of University Teachers
- CUPE Ontario
- York Federation of Students
- York University Graduate Students’ Association
- And other allies from the York Cross-Campus Alliance
Please spread the word! See you Thursday!