YUFA works through membership involvement! There are many ways members can participate in the association and involvement in YUFA is counted as service. Current calls for membership participation in specific positions can be found here.
- YUFA Meetings: All members of the Association are encourage to attend YUFA’s Membership Meetings. As per Article 3 of the Constitution, YUFA holds one Annual Membership Meeting and at least one General Membership Meeting each academic year, though additional meetings may be called. Meetings of the Stewards’ Council (normally once a month during the academic year) and the Executive (normally twice a month during the academic year) are also open to members.
- Committees: YUFA members make an enormous contribution to the Association when they serve on its subcommittees and taskforces, including the Joint Committee on the Administration of the Agreement (JCOAA) and its subcommittees.
- Stewards: Members can also participate in YUFA by serving as Steward for their unit. Stewards are elected for three year terms and, as per Article 4.3 of the Constitution, they represent the interests of the members of their units, guide members of their units in the processing of complaints and grievances, and participate in organizing activities of the Association.
- Executive Officers: President, Vice-President for Internal Affairs, Vice-President for External Affairs, Chief Stewards (2), Equity Officers (2), Communications Officer, Treasurer, Recording Secretary — are elected for two year terms for positions that carry different levels of course release. Portfolios are outlined in the Constitution.
- Other organizations’ conferences and meetings: YUFA sponsors members to attend conferences and meetings on issues of concern to members to report back to the membership. If you would like to propose attending a conference or meeting on behalf of the Association, please contact the YUFA Office. Current conference opportunities can be found here.